Sunday, June 21, 2009

Signs and Wonders on the Road That Leads To Heaven

Summer is here, and people are planning trips here and there. Some will vacation to favorite places far away, some will visit extended family, and others will make trips to local attractions they may have passed up before. It means people will travel through places that aren't as familiar. Even some of the familiar places will look different as roadway improvements change the landscape and  landmarks.

When I visited Holy Hill last April, I found a book that interested me. Called Signs of Faith, it's a series of short devotionals taken from common traffic signs. It's published by Traveling Word - you can find out more about their products at their website, www.travelingword.com. (In addition to Signs of Faith they offer another devotional book: Agape Latte - An Invigorating Cup of Love, in the shape of a coffee cup designed to fit in the cup holder of your car.)

The thought of a series of devotions based on everyday signs impressed me enough that for the next few Sundays I will post such an offering here. So I don't infringe on any copyrights, I'll avoid using the signs that the Traveling Word folks used. (If I use any I'll mention it and approach the devotional from a different perspective.)

With that in mind, here's my first attempt.
info
Verse: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7).

When you see an "Information" sign or kiosk in your travels, remember that God holds the answers to all life's questions, even those most difficult. I'm also reminded of a common secular proverb of our time: The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. When life seems to bear more questions than answers, or when answers are elusive, take this to God in prayer.

Prayer: Lord, my God, may your Holy Spirit guide me in your ways to help me when I have questions or am looking for information.

Until next time, May God be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment