Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Prayer

Today's Word:
Esther "C":12, 14-16, 23-25 (Queen Esther's prayer for guidance)
Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 (On the day I called for help, Lord, You answered me)
Matthew 7:7-12 (Ask and you shall receive...; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you)

(NOTE: The passage from the book of Esther is found only in the Apocrypha. To read it online, go to www.usccb.org/nab/readings/030509.shtml.)


Lord God,
You are present to all who call upon you with sincerity of heart.
Help me to remember that you are also present in every living thing.
Help me to be compassionate, and not just practical;
as your compassion goes beyond all practicality.

Guide me in setting my true priorities,
not what I think they should be.
Let me not dwell on the past or any other insignificance,
other than to let me learn and grow from my errors in thought and action.

Help me to reflect an image of your perfect love,
as you have given me such an image to live beside me in this life.

Let me see You in those eyes,
that I might better participate in my life's vocation.

Let not the meditations of my mind, my heart, and my soul
take me away from the joy you make present through my family;
rather, may it serve You in giving myself totally
to those entrusted to my love and care.

As Jesus offered Himself out of love,
may I do so in the way meaningful to my station in life.
In His name I pray; Help me, O Lord my God.

...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment